Washoe Country School District
July 28, 2014
Office of Human Resources
The mission of the Office of Human Resources is to recruit, select, support, and retain a diverse and high-performing workforce to improve student achievement.
Employee Services Department
• Employee transactions
• Onboarding, new employee orientation
• Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
• Record management and retention
Labor Relations Department
• Investigative Due Process notification and process
• Negotiations process with five (5) bargaining units
• Grievances and complaints
• Arbitration cases
Recruitment and Staffing Department
• Recruitment and selection
• Workforce diversity
• Liaison to the Nevada Department of Education (NDE) and Commission on Professional Standards in Education
• Student internship process
• Substitute services
• Online application system and background screening
Risk Management Department
• Health benefits for WCSD employees, retirees and dependents
• Property, liability, and workers’ compensation losses and related claims
• Property, liability and workers’ compensation excess insurance programs
• Safe and healthy working environment
• Employee health and wellness
2011 Legislative Bills
- AB 225 - Probationary period extended for current post-probationary licensed personnel.
- AB 229 - Three (3) year probation for all new hires (administrators and teachers), adding "gross misconduct" for grounds of dismissal.
- AB 393 - District required to develop policy for self reporting of licensed staff if arrested or convicted of a crime.