Washoe Country School District
Child & Family Services
The Early Childhood Education Pre-K Program
The mission of the Pre-K Program is for all children in Washoe County to have access to a variety of high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs with qualified teachers. Programs will meet the individual child and family's needs as well as performance standards that will prepare children to be successful in school.
Tracking Early Childhood Education Enrollment Process Map
Goals and Objectives:
- All children will enter school ready to learn so that no child will be left behind.
- Programs will serve all children providing inclusive settings to meet a variety of child and family needs.
- Parents will be involved in programs supporting the belief that parents are the child's first and most important teacher.
- Programs will be based on developmentally appropriate curriculum standards that are consistent with the WCSD Readiness Framework Guidelines for Four Year Olds and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation Criteria and Procedures.
- Programs will focus on literacy to support the goal of all children reading by third grade.
- Programs will be developed or improved based on community partnerships and collaboration with existing early education programs such as community preschools, child care programs, Head Start, and Family Resource Centers.
- A comprehensive professional development system will be implemented that will improve the quality of all programs and set standards for teacher preparation.
- Developmentally appropriate child assessments and program evaluations will be used in all early education programs.
For questions about enrollment, please call the ECE Enrollment Specialist at 327-5630.
Para preguntas acerca de inscripciones, por favor llame a nuestra Especialista de Inscripciones del Programa de Educación Temprana al 327 a 5630.