Washoe Country School District
March 11, 2014
12 Reasons Why You Should Work With Us
- No state income tax and no Social Security (FICA) tax
- Excellent retirement benefits (23.75% paid by district)
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage and a national award winning Wellness Program for each employee
- Teacher salary range: $32,656 to $70,344.
- University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), Sierra Nevada College, University of Phoenix, Lesley College, Chapman University
- Nevada's Millennium Scholarship for Nevada's public and private high school graduates.
- Three full-service area hospitals
- Year-round recreational, cultural activities and special events including: Lake Tahoe, Pyramid Lake, skiing, boating, fishing, hiking, Nevada Opera, Nevada Festival Ballet, Reno Philharmonic, Chamber Orchestra, Nevada Museum of Art, Balloon Races, Air Races, Artown in July, Hot August Nights and much more
- Perfect weather: four distinct seasons and more than 300 days of sunshine per year
- Ethnically diverse culture
- Loans available to first-year teachers from Clearstar Financial Credit Union
- Working with other dedicated professionals to change lives and drive student achievement