Washoe Country School District
Student Intern Information
Thank you for your interest in the Washoe County School District. This information is supplied as a courtesy to our student interns.
Student Intern Process
All student interns need to be affiliated with a college before applying for internship.
- Student interns may request a school(s) for internship through their college's office of field experiences. The match must be confirmed by the lead teacher(s), principal, and HR
- Students without a request will be matched with lead teachers in the district through HR
- All student interns must fulfill these three requirements before receiving their school placement(s):
- Fingerprinting through Washoe County School District School Police Office
- Proof of liability insurance
- Attend the School Safety/HR Presentation
- Attending the School Safety/HR Presentation is a MANDATORY school district requirement for all student interns. This will be held December 11, 2013 at UNR at the WRB (College of Education) Room 2003 from 10-11 am. ALL STUDENT INTERNS FOR THE SPRING 2014 SEMESTER MUST ATTEND!
- Student interns must meet with their lead teacher(s) before the internship begins
- Students must fill out the "College Student Internship Application" provided by their college. Bring the form to WCSD HR for a signature and then to WCSD School Police Office for further processing
- WCSD HR and School Police Offices are located at 425 East Ninth Street, Reno, NV, Building B
- Student interns are asked to complete an anonymous Exit Survey upon completion of the internship
- WCSD encourages all student interns to apply for a Substitute Teaching License before beginning the internship.
Teacher Hiring Process
Student interns are encouraged to apply for the half-day teacher assessment interview after completion of their internship. Please review these important links:
For questions regarding teaching in the Washoe County School District, please contact:
Coordinator for University Partnerships