As you may have heard, Washoe County School District will be using a new student information system to communicate with parents about their child’s progress at school. The old system, SASI, was being discontinued and the new program will provide parents with even more information about their child’s achievement. Because of this new software, we are excited to tell you that the Infinite Campus Parent Portal will now be offered to all parents, kindergarten through 12th grade. The Portal will replace Edline for middle school and high school students. It will also organize all of your children, no matter what school they attend, under one log-in.
By logging into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal, you will be able to see the following information about your child or children:
· Class Assignments
· A Family Calendar that organizes all of your student’s events, even if they attend different schools
· A To Do List of assignments that are due and overdue
· A record of Immunizations
· Assessment Data (State Testing Results – CRT’s and High School Proficiency Exam)
· A Graduation Planner
To create a User Name and Password for Infinite Campus, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.wcsdic.org or click on the icon button at the top left of the Galena High Website.
2. Click on the following link:
3. Enter your unique Parent Portal Activation Key:
(WILL BE MAILED HOME OR AVAILABLE FROM YOUR SCHOOL)
4. You will be asked to create a User Name and Password. Don’t forget to write these down in a secure place.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I’m having trouble logging-in with my Activation Key?
Call your child’s school, Galena High School at 851-5630.
Do I need multiple letters if my children attend different schools?
No. You only need one letter and you should receive it from your oldest child’s school. For example: If you have a child at Swope Middle School and Reno High School, you would receive your letter from Reno High School.
Who can access the Parent Portal? Only parents and guardians with legal rights to student records may receive a Parent Portal account. Each family member with rights receives their own separate account. Accounts are NOT shared among more than one parent/guardian within households, i.e., there are no "household" accounts in the Portal.
How secure is the information contained in the Portal? The Portal requires a User Name and Password and the technology is similar to that used in other industries such as healthcare and banking. Infinite Campus uses a 32-bit, secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect information.
When can I access the Parent Portal? You will be able to see information for your middle and high school students beginning September 20, 2010 and you will be able to see information for your elementary student beginning November 1, 2010.
How often will information on the Portal be updated? Attendance information will be updated daily. Grades and assignments will be updated on a weekly basis as they are graded by your child’s teacher(s).
Where can I find help to use the Portal? Go to www.washoecountyschools.org/infinite-campus and look under the Parent section. There are short video tutorials, instructions and other helpful items. Ask at your child’s school if there is an upcoming class on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal or a staff member that can help you to log-in.
What do I do if my child has attendance problems or is struggling in a class? If your child has attendance problems, contact the school immediately and ask to speak to your child’s counselor or another administrator that can help you with attendance. If your child is struggling in a class you should:
1. Contact your child’s teacher by phone or email to determine how you can work together to help your child succeed.
2. Find academic support for your student. Ask the school if they have extra help for your student (homework club, after school tutoring, etc.) and make sure that your child attends to get help.
3. If your child is in middle or high school, log-in to Smarthinking.com to get online tutorial help. For more information about Smarthinking.com go to www.ed-alliance.org/publications/ and click on the “How to Use” document.