McQueen School Code
Registration for College Required Tests
Register early as spots fill and you don't want to have to pay a late fee!
- You need to take these tests more than once preferably at the end of the junior year and at the very beginning of the senior year.
Dates, place of test, costs, and registration is all on-line
Follow-up and call the colleges you are applying to make sure scores were received!
ACT: Services for Students with Disabilities please call 1-319-337-1332
SAT: Services for Students with Disabilities please call 1-609-771-7137
ACT Test Dates(Fee is $36.50 or $52.50 with writing)
Registration deadlines on website above. Is usually about a month before the test. Sign up early to avoid late fees ($23) and they do fill so don't wait!
Please check official ACT website to make sure all dates for reg and tests are accurate
- Sept. 21, 2013 (Reg deadline August 23, 13)
- October 25, 2013 (Reg. deadline Sept. 27, 13)
- December 14, 2013 (Reg.deadline November 8, 13)
- February 8, 2014 (Reg. deadline January 10, 14)
- April 12, 2014 (Reg. deadline March 7, 14)
- June 14, 2014(Reg. deadline May 9, 14)
SAT Test Dates (Fee is $51)
Registration deadlines on website above. Is usually about a month before the test. Sign up early as they do fill and late fee is $27.50!
Please check official SAT website to make sure all dates for reg and tests are accurate
- October 5, 2013 (Reg. deadline Sept. 6, 13)
- November 2, 2013 (Reg. deadline October 3, 13)
- December 7, 2014 (Reg. deadline November 8, 13)
- March 8, 2014 (Reg. deadline Feb. 7, 14)
- May 3, 2014 (Reg. deadline April 4, 14)
- June 7, 2014 (Reg. deadline May 4, 14)
- Differences Between SAT and ACT (Click Here)
- ACT or SAT?
- What's a Good SAT Score? (Click here)
- What's a Good ACT Score? (Click here)
ACT/SAT Test Prep
- ZAPS Educational Seminars: http://www.zaps.com
- To take advantage of this opportunity you may enroll on-line at http://www.zaps.com or call toll free to 1-866-238-1213 and bring a check made out to RMASS to the seminar.
- Enrollment is limited so please register as soon as possible.
- Come by the Career Center, Room 401, and see Mrs. Finney for more information.
- Kaplan Test Prep
- First Click on \"New User\" then on the next page put in this access code for McQueen High: HBKZTYFB
- Test Prep Books
- Can be purchased at a local bookstore
- Mrs. Williams in room 401 has a few that can be checked out
- Try your local library
- Want to know why you have to take all these tests? Visit this site, and get information on all kinds of standardized tests, and test-taking advice.
- This website not only has SAT/ACT test prep information, but also has ACCUPLACER test information that is typically taken at the community college level http://www.testprepreview.com/
- Sometimes Universities use it if the student's SAT/ACT scores don't provide a proper placement for English and Math
- Former Galena High School student, Beanden Beneschott - founder of smsPREP, has offered to provide a free ACT & SAT test prep service for all Washoe County high school students.
- For your students to practice SAT and ACT questions with smsPREP, all they have to do is text WASHOE to 41411. From there they will be prompted to select their test, and then they will be off and running. Students' will receive a test question each day in the form of a text. They will also receive the test question answer. The students' standard SMS rates will apply, but the service itself will be provided free of charge.
- Breanden Beneschott Co-Founder, smsPREP, Inc. is a
PLAN (Practice ACT)
- All sophomores will be taking the PLAN this year paid for by the district on September 19, 2013.
- This is the first time the district has had students take this test. The plan for test results/explanation/return is tentatively scheduled for January (pending when results are returned to the school).
- Although voluntary all students should take the PSAT during the fall of their junior year. Sophomores can voluntarily take the test for more practice.
- It will cost approximately 14 dollars that is paid to the bookkeeper by the Sept. 25, 2013 deadline
- Students should then take the actual ACT/SAT during the spring of their junior year and again in the early fall of the senior year.
- The more times a student takes the test typically the higher the score, so the WCSD starts this testing the sophomore year.
- PSAT results will more than likely be provided in January 2014 pending when they are returned to the school
- log on using your access code from your PSAT test results and create a password and username
- This is a link to a website that provides free explanations for the answers to every test question, including why wrong answers were wrong.
- You will need the code on the upper right corner of your score report to utilize this website.