ATTENTION ALL MELTON FAMILIES, VOLUNTEERS & VISITORS!
District policy – You must go directly to the office and sign in for a school pass.
Assembly Bill 46/ Capital Funding
Finding a sustainable funding solution for the district capital project needs is a critical issue and a high priority for the current legislative session. To view the latest on Assembly Bill 46, please click here.
Welcome New Kindergartner’s!
The Washoe County School District has opened the portal for registering kindergarten students for the 2013-2014 school year. Any child who will be
five years old on or before September 30, 2013, may enroll in kindergarten
for the upcoming school year. Parents will need to use the online system to begin the registration process
Kindergarten enrollment will take place on May 6. Please complete the online enrollment. Then, on May 6th, please bring the child’s original birth certificate, immunization records, and a utility bill that shows the parent or guardian's name/address as proof of residence to the zoned school to the Melton front office.
We are looking forward to a great year!
Melton Parking Lot Procedures
To help keep our students safe and expedite dropping off and picking up students, the parking procedure is described here.
The design has been patterned after other WCSD schools. Thank you for helping us keep our school safe!
It is important to keep up on your student’s progress. It is easy! Click the portal and check it out! Also, use this link for your annual student registration!
Above is a summary of the 12013-14WCSD school year. Click above to get a complete calendar! Print and share!
Mrs. Slagle's Message
Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year. I know that this year will be a wonderfully productive year for your student.
Last year, so much was accomplished by Melton’s
parents, and funds from skilled staff, amazing students, great our PFA. We:
2. Continued the implementation of Response to Intervention which is a process that helps insure that all students improve in literacy and math. (This program is noted on our website.)
3. Implemented a Positive Behavior Support program that focuses on teaching students the positive outcomes of behaviors that support our three “R’s:” Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for your actions. (This program is also noted on our website.)
4. Continued to identify students who qualified for the WCSD Gifted and Talented program.
5. Our wonderful PFA worked to maintain the P.E. program at Melton.
6. Melton staff met monthly in Professional Learning Communities to improve instruction and design interventions to boost and enrich student.
7. With the PFA, parent volunteers, and staff, we had many fabulous events at Melton.
During the upcoming 2012-2013 school year, we will continue to pursue high academic expectations through dynamic, quality teaching, incredible parent involvement and a positive, safe environment which is beneficial for student learning. Also just like last year parents will be able to access their child’s academic progress through Infinite Campus. Through Infinite Campus parents will be able to check grades, assignments, attendance, communicate with their student’s teacher, have access to classroom newsletters, etc. To identify your specific learn needs, Melton will be utilizing an assessment called Measure of Academic Progress (MAP). This process is a computer adaptive testing that helps pinpoint—to the goal-strand level—where your student is ready to advance, and where he/she need help. We are very excited about this program.
If at any time you need additional information, please use Melton’s school web site, you will be able to visit teacher classroom web sites as well as access Washoe County School District information. Finally if you wish to contact me, please send me an email, call me at school, or drop by. I am always happy to see you.
Mary K. Slagle, M. Ed.