Washoe Country School District
REGISTERING STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT YET ATTENDED SCHOOL (First Grade/Second Grade)
Registration dates and school schedules vary with year round schools beginning in early July. Contact your zoned school for more details of school start dates.
If you are not sure which school your child should attend, log on to http://bus.washoe.k12.nv.us/elinkrp/Students/BasicTransBoundarySearch.aspx and type in your address.
All new students must first complete online registration. Follow the link below to complete the process. When registering new students you will need to bring your child’s birth certificate, immunization record from your health care provider, and a utility bill showing your name and address as proof of residence to your zoned school. Students who are younger than 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to register when new to the district.
Students who will be 6 or 7 years old on or before September 30, 2013 MUST take the First Grade Admission Test before being enrolled in First or Second Grade if the child:
- Did not attend an accredited kindergarten;
- Did not attend a private kindergarten program licensed by the Nevada Department of Education; or
- Were home schooled without the approval of the WCSD,
Please contact your child’s zoned school or call Kathy McDermid now at 861-1200 to schedule your 30 minute appointment during one of the following weeks:
- May 20th - 23rd
- May 27th-30th
- August 5th-8th
Under state law, if your child has not completed a district or Nevada approved kindergarten program, your child must undergo assessment by the district to determine whether he or she is developmentally prepared for the first grade.
Registration Link and Instructions
- Educational Involvement Accord
- Acuerdo de participación educativa
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Acuerdo entre padres/estudiantes sobre el uso de tecnología
- Children In Transition Form
- Children In Transition Form (Spanish)
- Student Eligibility Certification Form