Washoe Country School District
May 21, 2013
REGISTERING STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT YET ATTENDED SCHOOL (Kindergarten)
Kindergarten registration is currently open for the 2013-2014 school year.
If you are not sure which school your child should attend, log on to http://bus.washoe.k12.nv.us/elinkrp/Students/BasicTransBoundarySearch.aspx and type in your home address.
All new students must first complete online registration. Follow the link below to complete the process. When registering new students, you will need to bring your child’s original birth certificate, immunization record from a health care provider, and a utility bill showing your name and address as proof of residence to your zoned school.
Students who will be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2013 may enroll in kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year.
During the first week of kindergarten, August 12-16, students will come to school for an individual 30 minute appointment with the teacher. The school site will let you know the appointment date and time. Kindergarten students begin regular classes the second week of school.
Students will be considered registered for kindergarten or to be on the waiting list for a specific program when the following steps have been completed:
- Parent/Guardian completes the online registration process
- Parent/guardian brings the following documents to the school:
-The child’s original birth certificate
-The child’s immunization record from a health care provider
-A utility bill showing your name and address as proof of residence
For more information, contact your zoned school.
- Educational Involvement Accord
- Acuerdo de participación educativa
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Acuerdo entre padres/estudiantes sobre el uso de tecnología
- Children In Transition Form
- Children In Transition Form (Spanish)
- Student Eligibility Certification Form