Washoe Country School District
December 9, 2013
The 21st Century Learning Division provides many opportunities for teachers, support staff, and administrators to learn more about 21st century skills, tools, and resources. A brief description of each is below.
Camp 21: 21st Century Learning Workshops CLICK HERE FOR FLYER
- 29 different workshops for all grade levels
- 5 Tech & CCSS content specific workshops for EACH grade band (PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12)
- Each workshop consist of:
- 1 hour online webinar
- 1 hour face-to-face hands-on practice in the lab
- 1 hour online assignment and discussion
21st Century Learning Academy for Teacher Leaders
- School teams are invited to participate in a two-year program which includes face-to-face workshops, online projects and site consultations from the 21st Century Learning staff.
- Focused professional development for implementing school-wide change to a 21st century learning environment.
eLearning for Educators
- e4e courses are 6 weeks long and cost $70. Teachers will earn two state approved in-service credits and have the opportunity to optionally earn two college credits (additional $42 for two credits to be paid separate from registration).
- e4e proudly uses Nevada facilitators from throughout the state.
- e4e is a collaboration between Elko County School District, Washoe County School District and KNPB Channel 5 Public Television.