Washoe Country School District
High School Signature Academies
About the Signature Academies
Washoe County School District's Signature Academies are an innovative approach to ensuring college and career readiness for all students. This initiative creates career- and industry-based programs at each comprehensive high school over the next four years. The Signature Academies will focus on specific programs, topics and distinguishing themes to prepare all students for the workforce of tomorrow.
Academies and High School Programs Currently Open:
- The Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology (please visit AACT's website for application information)
- The C3Media Academy at Spanish Springs High School
- Global Studies Academy at Robert McQueen High School
- Health Occupation Preparatory Education (H.O.P.E.) Academy at Edward Reed High School
- The Health Sciences Academy at Hug High School
- International Baccalaureate at Earl Wooster High School (please visit IB's website for application information)
- The Microsoft IT Academy at Sparks High School
- The Performing Arts Center (PAC) at Damonte Ranch High School ***The first audition date for August 2013 Performing Arts Center enrollment will be on December 15, 2012 at Damonte Ranch High School. Auditions will be held for dance, theater, theater technology, band, orchestra and choir. Please call Robin Kenyon at 775-334-7150 to schedule an audition time.***
- The Red House Project, a Digital Technologies Academy at Reno High School
- The Success Through Applied Relevant Studies (S.T.A.R.S) Career and Technical Education Academy at Edward Reed High School
- The Sustainable Resources Academy at Earl Wooster High School
Truckee Meadow Community College High School (please visit TMCC HS's website for application information)
Opening Fall 2013:
Information for Students and Parents:
Please visit our Student and Parent Portal located here for the full catalog of Signature Academies and High School Options, answers to frequently asked questions, and application form and instructions.
Información para Estudiantes y Padres:
Por favor visite nuestro Portal de Padres y Estudiantes localizado aquí para el folleto informativo, respuestas a preguntas frecuentes y detalles de cómo aplicar.
Information for the Community, Media and Prospective Partners
Please visit our Community, Media and Partner Portal located here for Sponsorship and Partnership Opportunities, and Press and Media Releases.
For Additional Information, Please Contact:
For District Administrators: