Washoe Country School District
August 20, 2014
ESP Career Path Program
ESP employees play a very important part in increasing student achievement.
Envision your career
Envision your goals – Envision you!
(Envision WCSD 2015 Objective 2.2.10)
WCSD ESP Staff Development Certificate
ESP’s (classified personnel) who complete one or more
qualifying classes will earn a certificate in one or more
of the following competencies:
Health & safety
Knowledge of job/technology
Leadership & management
Class completion requirements:
The WCSD Human Resources Department will also receive copies of the certificates.
· Quality and rigor in professional learning
· Potential for advancement
· Recognition from WCSD staff members and administration
· Effectiveness in planning for professional growth
· Choice among a wide variety of free, job-specific class offerings
How to get started:
1. Login to WCSD’s WebRegistration system
2. Register for any class that provides ESP Certificate credit.
3. Contact the ESP Staff Development Services Coordinator for information regarding classes not posted in the WCSD WebRegistration system.
To register for classes,
If you have any questions, please contact:
ESP Professional Learning Services Coordinator
Participation in this program is voluntary.
The program does not provide the following benefits:
The ESP Career Path Recognition Program was developed in 2011 by the WCSD Staff Development Council which included ESP department leaders and ESP’s from all departments and job families. Council members conducted a needs assessment survey which involved 1,030 ESP respondents. They also studied program models from other organizations, worked collaboratively to develop a framework model,
and created criteria for success.